Location & how to reach the Hotel Scherer in Salzburg
Your 4-star hotel in an ideal location near Salzburg main train station and the historic centre
The top sights of Salzburg and the Salzburg region are a joy to discover from the centrally located Hotel Scherer in Salzburg. We recommend taking a tour of the baroque city on foot or by bike, so you can enjoy its flair up close. Stroll along the Salzach river into the historic centre with Mozart's birthplace and Salzburg Cathedral, the most prominent baroque construction in the city. Cycle along the Salzach promenade and experience the view of the Hohensalzburg Fortress, which towers over the city.
And if you want to see even more of Austria, you are just a few minutes' walk away from the main train station, where you can travel by train to a variety of destinations. You can reach Lake Wolfgang in just 35 minutes by car, where you can enjoy an idyllic boat trip as well as a journey with the Zwölferhorn cable car into the mountains.
Walking from the hotel to ...
- To the main train station: 5 minutes
- To the nearest public bus (all directions + historic centre): two minutes
- To Paris-Lodron-Strasse (Bus Terminal Nord): 15 minutes
- To the nearest sights: 10 minutes to the magnificent Mirabell Gardens at Mirabell Palace
- Scherer tip: ask at the reception about organised city tours. We will happy to advise you!
Arriving & parking: Hotel Scherer in Salzburg
We look forward to welcoming you in our family-run hotel in Salzburg soon. It doesn't matter whether you arrive late at night or early in the morning or want to store your luggage at the hotel until check-in – at Hotel Scherer, we are there for you around the clock.
Parking spaces directly at the hotel
When you arrive at Hotel Scherer, you can enjoy the comfort of parking directly at the hotel on Plainstraße. We charge €10 per night for a car parking space, €15 per night for a garage parking space, €30 incl. VAT per night for a bus parking space.
Arriving by car
It takes approx. 10 minutes to drive to Hotel Scherer from the motorway.
- Take the motorway exit for "Salzburg-Mitte".
- Take the exit towards "Zentrum" at the roundabout.
- Follow the Münchner Bundesstraße and continue along this main road until you cross the Salzach river.
- At the bridge (Lehener Brücke), prepare to turn left.
- Turn left onto Haunspergstraße at the first set of traffic lights after the bridge.
- Follow the Haunspergstraße until you reach the zebra crossing with traffic lights and turn into Stauffenstraße (small side street).
- The Hotel SCHERER is located approx. 80m further – on the left at the next junction (pink-red building).
Arriving by train
Salzburg main train station is easy to reach via long-distance train. The centrally located Hotel Scherer is only a five minute walk from the main train station.
Taxis are located directly in front of the main entrance of the station – if you have heavy luggage.;X1006
Plan your train journey to Salzburg with the ÖBB – Österreichische Bundesbahnen (Austrian Federal Railways), Westbahn or DB – Deutsche Bahn (German Railway) now.
Arriving by long-distance bus
Long-distance buses stop at Salzburg main train station or at the park & ride car park at Salzburg Süd.
From the main train station, it is approx. 400 metres to Hotel Scherer. This will take you five minutes on foot or alternatively, you can take a taxi from the front of the main entrance to the main train station.
From the park & ride car park Salzburg Süd, you arrive at the Salzburg Alpensiedlung P+R bus stop in 50m and from there, travel to the main train station. Alternatively, you can reach the Salzburg Süd station after 900m and travel to the main train station from there.
Arriving by plane
The nearest airports are Salzburg Airport and Munich Airport.
You can reach the city centre from W.A. Mozart Airport in Salzburg by bus or taxi.
You will find the stop for bus number 2 directly in front of the airport entrance. This will take you directly to Jahnstrasse (3 minutes' walk from the hotel's main entrance). You can purchase the bus ticket from the driver.
Taxis are also located directly in front of the airport building. It takes around 15 minutes to reach the hotel from there.