Location & ArrivalConveniently accessible by car, train, plane, long-distance bus or bike
Arrival to the 4-star Hotel Scherer in Salzburg
The city of Salzburg is located in the heart of Europe. From Austria and neighbouring countries, the city of Mozart is easily accessible by car, train or long-distance bus. Guests from more distant destinations use Salzburg or Munich airports.
Arrival by car
From the motorway exit “Salzburg-Mitte” you can reach the Hotel Scherer in 10 minutes driving time.
The hotel has a wide range of parking facilities:
- Parking spaces (€ 12,-/night)
- Garage parking (€ 18,-/night)
- Bus parking area (€ 35 – 45,-/Nacht)
- Take the motorway exit “Salzburg-Mitte”.
- Leave the roundabout in the direction of the city centre.
- Follow the main through road (Münchner Bundesstraße) until you cross the Salzach river.
- On the Lehen bridge, get into the left-hand turn lane.
- At the first traffic lights after the bridge, turn left into Haunspergstraße.
- Follow Haunspergstraße to the zebra crossing with traffic lights (approx. 80 metres) and turn right there into Stauffenstraße (small side street).
- The Hotel Scherer is approx. 70 metres further on the left (pink building).
Google Map: Motorway exit “Salzburg-Mitte”
Arrival by bike
The best way to get to the bike-friendly Hotel Scherer in Salzburg city by bike is to follow the cycle path along the Salzach river to the hotel. This hotel is an excellent stopover on your cycling trip through Austria.
Salzburg’s main train station is only a 5-minute walk from the Hotel Scherer. Taxis can be found directly in front of the main entrance of the station.
By long-distance bus
Long-distance buses stop at Salzburg main station or at the Park & Ride car park in Salzburg Süd.
From the main station, it is only a 5-minute walk to the Hotel Scherer. Alternatively, taxis are available in front of the main entrance of the main station.
From the Salzburg Süd Park & Ride car park, it is only 50 metres to the Bus stop Salzburg Alpensiedlung P+R or 900 metres toSalzburg Süd train station. From there, you have direct connections to Salzburg main station.
Google Map: Salzburg Main Station
The nearest airports are Salzburg Airport and Munich Airport.
From the W.A. Mozart Airport in Salzburg, you can take bus no. 2 or a taxi to the city centre.
Bus No. 2 stops directly in front of the airport entrance and takes you to Jahnstraße. From there it is a 3-minute walk to the Hotel Schwerer. You can get the bus ticket from the chauffeur.
Taxis are also available directly in front of the airport building. The journey time to the hotel is about 15 minutes.
Plan your journey to the 4-star Hotel Scherer in Salzburg! Whether you are travelling by car, train, long-distance bus, bicycle or plane, we have compiled all the information for you. We look forward to helping you plan your trip and welcoming you to our hotel. Start your holiday in Salzburg with ease and comfort and book your unforgettable holiday in the enchanting Mozart city of Salzburg today.